He’s one of them rangers. Dangerous folk they are — wandering the wilds. What his right name is I’ve never heard, but around here, he’s known as Strider.
“Put aside the Ranger. Become who you were born to be.”
Why have I never seen this in my 14 years in the fandom?
Okay I know we always go on about Marvel’s uncanny casting ability.
But if you thought they were the only ones, let me draw your attention to this man:
Viggo Mortensen, aka Aragorn son of Arathorn,
aka Sexiest Ranger in Middle Earth
- would hike, often for more than a day, to remote filming locations, in costume, for the sake of authenticity
- was the best swordsman Bob Anderson (swordsmaster/instructor for LotR, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc) says he has ever trained
- occasionally writes poetry (more book!canon than film!canon but um hello)
- does all his own stunts
- lived all over and speaks about 23940209384 languages
- you know that scene at the end of Fellowship when he’s fighting the Uruk-hai? And one throws a dagger at him and he hits it away with his sword? Yeah, the guy who threw it was supposed to miss, but accidentally threw it directly at Viggo. Who just casually Aragorned and hit it away.
They actually cast Aragorn to play Aragorn
And thus it was, the Fourth Age of Middle-earth began, and the Fellowship of the Ring, though eternally bound by friendship and love, was ended.